||Plaza Nueva 1, Seville (see map)
||(34) 954 590 101
||Tue, Wed, Thu (Guided visit only: 17:30 and 18:00)
|Official website ||www.sevilla.org|
The Town Hall
) of Seville was built in the 16th century in Renaissance style
on the remains of the former San Francisco
The construction works were started by architect Diego de Riaño in 1527,
who at the same time also added new parts to the Cathedral of Seville.
Plaza de San Francisco
Originally, the main entrance to the Town Hall was on Plaza de San Francisco.
On the very left of the ornate Renaissance Plateresque style façade, you can still see the remains of the carriage yard of the former monastery.
With the construction of the Plaza Nueva (New Square
) in the 19th century, the entrance moved to the latter.
This west front is part of a Neo-Classical extension built in 1891.
Remains of the old wall are still visible from inside the building.
Visit richly decorated Meeting Rooms of Seville´s city council.
See the monument on interactive map
On to visit
in the Macarena quarter of Seville.
| Main Page
| Eat & Drink
| Sevilla Info
| City Map |